Word of God Academy (WOGA), located in Shreveport, Louisiana, was founded in 2010 as a ministry of Word of God Ministries (WOGM) for the purpose of impacting lives for eternity through a biblically-based and Christ- centered education. WOGA is a covenant school that seeks to disciple students and families through the deliberate and intentional use of the Word of God with a vision of "Equipping Future Generations for Life and Eternity." As a ministry of the church, WOGA strives to make daily operations an extension of the message from the pulpit in classroom teaching and equipping the students' hearts, minds, and souls to advance the Kingdom. WOGA was first accredited in 2015 by AdvancED (Cognia) and completed the Crosswalk process with ACSI during the 2018-2019 school year. This team visit was WOGA's first full accreditation cycle with ACSI with continued dual accreditation with Cognia.
From the inception of WOGA, the philosophy of "Kingdom Education" (Shultz, 2013) has been a part of the vision of Senior Pastor at WOGM, James A. McMenis. With the knowledge of this inspiring philosophy, in 2014 Pastor James ministered a series at WOGM entitled "Kingdom Education." The hiring of Tim Euler as the Head of School in 2017 helped grow the kingdom education vision at WOGA. In the last three school years, the focus at WOGA has been to establish biblical excellence in all areas of the academy and to create alignment between home, church, and school. During these three years, a five-year plan was established, ACSI accreditation was obtained, an online division of the school was added, athletic and art programming was implemented, and the focus on excellence in instruction and academics from a biblical worldview perspective has grown. The process of the REACH self-study revealed areas of growth needed at WOGA while continuing the school's focus on continuous school improvement.
WOGA has been blessed with continued growth, in spite of the current pandemic and changes with instructional delivery, all the while maintaining the much-coveted community aspect of the school. Plans are in place to develop an additional campus in the Bossier City area. WOGA has a heart to reach more students, in more places, through more ways, than ever before for the advancement of the Kingdom.
Word of God Academy seeks to advance a Christian school of academic excellence so that our leaders of tomorrow will know the truth of God's Word and be equipped both academically and spiritually to advance the Kingdom of God in their homes, churches, communities, nation, and world.
Equipping future generations for life and eternity.
In order to successfully fulfill this mission, Word of God Academy will give priority to six core values. Each core value must have operation principles that will allow WOGA to put these core values into everyday practice in every aspect of its educational program.
- God's Word
- The Christian Family
- Biblical Worldview Education
- The Church
- Work & Stewardship
Educational Goals and Objectives:
Word of God Academy (WOGA) exists because of the belief that Christian parents should have the opportunity to give their child a quality education based on Kingdom Education. Our school views itself as a ministry of Word of God Ministries and seeks to teach the greater community for Christ. Word of God Academy's students will acquire wisdom, knowledge and a Biblical worldview as evidenced by a lifestyle of character, leadership, service, stewardship, and worship.
- is the primary responsibility of the parent.
- is a 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-per-week process that continues from birth until maturity.
- WOGA will use Grade Level Expectations (GLE) as it relates to our beliefs and philosophies.
- will strive to educate all students academically, physically, and spiritually to enter higher education.
In alignment with Word of God Ministries, all Word of God Academy departments will align with the following 7 distinctives.
Statement of Philosophy:
Word of God Academy is a ministry of Word of God Ministries whose faculty and administration are committed to academic excellence. We are dedicated to instilling in our students a Kingdom mindset within the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, cultural, physical, and social domains. We will provide a religious environment which invites participation for the next generation in the following statements:
- We believe the Bible to be divinely inspired and the only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death by His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal, visible return in power and glory.
- We believe in the total depravity of all mankind.
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe all true believers endure to the end by the power of God, even though they may fall into sin.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: the saved to eternal life; the lost to eternal damnation.
- We believe in the local church: a body of believers who God will use to carry out the Great Commission.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by indwelling a Christian to enable him to live a godly life.
- We believe in Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." We will defend our faith and belief in creation. If necessary, in response to alternative evolutionary arguments that our students may encounter, we may discuss in class why this is not our belief.